<VV> I guess I don't get it.

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Sep 10 13:21:19 EDT 2010

Robert:

There is not too much to be confused about.  By CORSA'a reports they are suffering from a lack of funds and a declining membership.  We have every reason to believe them.  This has been the course of CORSA for perhaps 30 years!  HOWEVER the BoD has been unable to reach agreement within themselves to turn the 'ship' around in all that time.  I do not know how far from retirement you are but, today the end of the road for CORSA is almost within sight ... But, all is not yet lost.

Most of us feel pretty much like you do and would rather CORSA be a healthy entity.  There are a lot of good reasons for an organization like CORSA to exist and they do provide value in different ways for different members.  Many, including me, have proposed a myriad of plans to resolve the situation ... all to no avail.  That which you are seeing as complaints is the product of the frustration of watching this happening and hearing the same old 'song and dance' from the BoD.  Former BoD member Ned summed it up best when he said 'times when the board could not agree on the color of the sky.'  Lots of people have been inside and come outside again but none have been able to explain the cause.  Were it up to me I would establish a Core Group of 5 to establish direction and to guide the rest of the BoD.

No, the talk and 'complaints' are not going to take away your link ... but, continued failure to move forward by the BoD might.
Ken P

Robert Paul <barnaby at shaw.ca> wrote:

Greetings one and all
I guess I don't get it.  I'm happy, I have a wonderful little car and have huge fun
driving it.  I get frustrated fixing it sometimes, but thats life.  I live in
Saskatchewan, a place about the size of Texas with 10 or 11 Corvairs.  I belong to the
Western Canada Corvair Association.  Nice people and a great organization, but I live
closer to Texas than to Vancouver where most of the members are.  I like Corsa, I love
the magazine.  Because of where I live and my job I can't get to any of your functions,
but I enjoy seeing the pictures and reading about the conventions.  When I retire I'll be
there.  If there still is a there.  I guess I'm just nobody from nowhere, and I'm not
sure I get the complaints.  For me reading the magazine word for word and page by page is
worth every penny I spend.   I'm sure you all know far more than I do but in all your
talk please don't take away my link to Corvair folks.  Its important to me.
Thanks no offence meant to anyone
Robert Paul