<VV> Referendum vote

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 10 18:25:15 EDT 2010

Mike there is a core group on V V that have "rescued" many from
having to drop out. That is NOT what I am advocating and has nothing
to do with an International referendum vote on CORSA either being
100% or not. I am sure you get the gist
if you have read several of my posts to others. Most all of us have
had hard times but 44 cents will not break any active CORSA member
and that is who I advocate votes in this referendum.

Chuck Armer
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
At 09:32 AM 9/10/2010, you wrote:

>--  guys,
>
>I keep encountering VV posts that mention that good loyal members of their
>local clubs and of corsa are being dropped because they can't afford the
>dues due to unemployment.  With the economy in the state that it is, I have
>to wonder why we can't remit the dues* of those in that fix, rather than see
>a good loyal member excluded from fellowship, just at the time he (or she)
>needs it the most.
>
>No not a cut and dried "entitlement" sort of deal, but simply a friendly
>kind of thing at the local level where the members friends in the club
>assess the situation and take action to forgive the dues for the time it
>takes the guy to get reconnected to the job market and back on his feet.
>The local club could even voluntarily pay that guys corsa dues to keep him
>able to participate in conventions and other meets.
>
>There are a lot of hard times going around right now.  If we can do some
>outreach here and there, seems like folks would find out Corvairs have a
>heart as well as great engineering.
>
>Mike in Michigan (had my share of hard times too)

CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member
Corvair Atlanta Director
1965 Corsa Coupe