<VV> HEART

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 10 18:39:29 EDT 2010

Hank, I think you would come a lot closer with a CORSA member than
almost all other car clubs. Many members have had the struggles that
Mike refers to and many have been helped.

Chuck Armer

At 02:39 PM 9/10/2010, you wrote:
>Mike
>This is something the Marine Corps League does routinely for members
>who are on fixed income, or fallen on hard times.  Sometimes the
>local detachment pays dues for the member (ALL MONIES GO TO
>NATIONAL). Sometimes a member will pay out of his own wallet for
>another member.  Of course the Marines are a brotherhood of
>warriors, and never leave another Marine behind.  Can't expect that
>kind of loyalty from Corvair folk, though it sure would be nice.
>
>Hank

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

>---- Mike Jacobi <mvjacobi at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > --  guys,
> >
> > I keep encountering VV posts that mention that good loyal members of their
> > local clubs and of corsa are being dropped because they can't afford the
> > dues due to unemployment.  With the economy in the state that it is, I have
> > to wonder why we can't remit the dues* of those in that fix,
> rather than see
> > a good loyal member excluded from fellowship, just at the time he (or she)
> > needs it the most.
> >
> > No not a cut and dried "entitlement" sort of deal, but simply a friendly
> > kind of thing at the local level where the members friends in the club
> > assess the situation and take action to forgive the dues for the time it
> > takes the guy to get reconnected to the job market and back on his feet.
> > The local club could even voluntarily pay that guys corsa dues to keep him
> > able to participate in conventions and other meets.
> >
> > There are a lot of hard times going around right now.  If we can do some
> > outreach here and there, seems like folks would find out Corvairs have a
> > heart as well as great engineering.
> >
> > Mike in Michigan (had my share of hard times too)

CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member
Corvair Atlanta Director
1965 Corsa Coupe