<VV> Fw: Re: New Board Member WAS BoD scared

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Sat Sep 11 20:25:41 EDT 2010

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com wrote:

Is their a current vacancy ? ..................... if not then another 8 months is wasted and as Snuffy Smith used to say "times a wastin"
Chuck

No, No,  The point was here is a brand new member that assumed he needed to be a member of CORSA to join a chapter.  He is a typical example of what people [outside of CORSA] expect.  And 'times a wastin' has been going on for many, many years ... and CORSA has been on the decline financially and membership wise for all of that time while required membership organizations have been growing.

The road to a national organization's success has long been established ... Required membership.  Period.  Best to forget all the schemes, exclusions, grandfathering; the BoD needs to just get it done.
Ken P