<VV> Pulling steering column to install steering box ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Mon Sep 13 14:55:31 EDT 2010

I know it seems like overkill, but ...

I'm having a devil of a time getting the collapsible coupler to line up when
re-installing the stock steering box,
I figure I can take the whole shaft out where I can see it, and it'll be
easier to remove the whole thing than to mess with it any longer (unless I
grow another couple of hands, but evolution takes way too long to wait !)

When pulling a steering column, is it really necessary to remove the
steering wheel ?

It seems as though that is required to clear the front seat when pulling the
shaft out ?

I already have the seats out, so that's not an issue ?

Did I metion that the HOA is bedeviling me about working in the driveway so
it's hard to be surreptitious about it !
The neighbors complained that a "young guy" is working in the driveway, so
that was uplifting anyway !  (Probably becauuse people thewir age are stiuck
to their rocking chairs ?)

Charlie