<VV> Pulling steering column & ad-"home"-inem attacks

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Mon Sep 13 18:55:35 EDT 2010

Let's keep it nice OK ?
First lets quit the ad-"home"-inem attacks, please ?  I didn't know VV'ers
were so elitist ?

I have never lived in a trailer park either ("pre-fab", OK, but "trailer
park" is an unnecessarily derogatory term when talking to someone that you
aren't trying to insult, which I hope was not your intent), so please don't
denigrate my home for no apparent reason ?

Home Owners Associations (which many communities have) have CCR rules, and
working on cars where others can see, violates most of them.

Most of these people are old farts with new cars and can't understand why
someone would have a piece of s**t (i.e. Corvair) in their driveway in ANY
condition.  Mostly they drive Lexus and crap like that.
My Corvair is my only worthwhile car right now, and as much as I enjoy
tearing it apart, I want to concentrate on what needs to be done, and spend
money on tools that I need.

I'm thinking you are a professional mechanic, and hopefully more competent
and less avaricious than those with whom I have had my various experiences,
and I'm sorry if I struck a nerve (obviously I did, but I'm just not sure
WHICH nerve ?)

If you took my comment as a slam, it was not aimed at competent mechanics.
My point is that removing the wheel, which I'm sure is much more than 10% of
the job, and requiring a tool that I do not have, is not even necessary, but
does add to the cost of paying someone else to do it ?

Back to the car, I'm finishing it up and learned a LOT about these steering
linkages, etc, and having fun doing it, so that more than makes up for
getting slammed about my home ;>}) !

Charlie