<VV> Pulling steering column question

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 14 03:24:58 EDT 2010

>My point is that removing the wheel, which I'm sure is much more than 10% of
>the job, and requiring a tool that I do not have, is not even necessary, but
>does add to the cost of paying someone else to do it ?

If you know what you are doing, once you have the nut loose, it takes
about three seconds with a couple typical hammers, or just pull it off
-- full discussion of this has occurred previously -- ala archives, if
anyone is interested.  No "special" tools.  New cars require air bag
cautions and can be rather involved, cruise, dimmers, paddle shifters,
etc.  Book time will include using a puller for steering wheel R&R.

I would like Charlie to know that I, too, live in a "trailer house", or
rather, if we want to be technical, three of them -- they had wheels and
axles under them when they arrived -- okay, maybe it was 12 to twenty
axles, but they rolled. Our little "park" here includes a 2000 square
foot stick built addition on a large arce, a barn, chicken coop, and a
shop, but the main house is another 2000 square feet on wheels, so don't
worry about it -- no biggee -- you aren't alone.

Bill Strickland