<VV> Vega clutch

Kevin Clark kevin@kcvairbrush.com kevin at kcvairbrush.com
Tue Sep 14 23:40:09 EDT 2010

I had one of those in my Monza. It provided higher pressure against
the disk. Acted like an off / on switch.

The clutch pedal felt stiff like lots of weight on a leg press at a
gym. It snapped two clutch cables in short order until I filed away
sharp edges where you connect your clutch cable ball end in the
clutch pedal arm.

Then gradually a problem with shifting became an issue. Over time I
kept shortening the clutch cable at the back end from the tunnel pan
by turning the swivel in for the clutch rod linkage until I ran out
of thread. I couldn't figure out why, I thought the cable was
stretching. Turns out the clutch and brake pedal assembly under the
dash was breaking off at the weld.

I ended up selling the clutch to someone with a dunebuggy.
KC

Kevin G. Clark
kevin at kcvairbrush.com
www.kcvairbrush.com