<VV> Vega clutch

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Sep 15 00:58:22 EDT 2010

Hmmmm,

The pressure that clamps the clutch disk is supplied by the pressure
plate. When you step on the clutch pedal, the force is transmitted to
the pressure plate fingers (diaphragm spring).

So, it wasn't the Vega disc that was exerting excess pressure on the
clutch cable and pedals, it was a higher spring rate pressure plate.
Yes, there are big differences in pressure plates. Set several on the
floor and step on the fingers with your heel. It should snap down,
depending on your weight, and how well you balance on one heel while
jumping. But I have had some that I couldn't compress that way.

Flame suit on, awaiting dissenting arguments.

Frank DuVal