<VV> Vega clutch

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 09:09:02 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/15/2010 12:58:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
corvairduval at cox.net writes:

So,  it wasn't the Vega disc that was exerting excess pressure on the
clutch  cable and pedals, it was a higher spring rate pressure plate.

Having run several Vega clutches purchased from Clarks I'd agree with
Frank.  The only time I have had a problem with high loads on the clutch  cable
have been when adjustments weren't done correctly or parts were broken or
missing.  The Corvair clutch didn't need the spring loading other clutches
like the Vega needed because of the twistiness of the input shaft itself.
I'll admit I haven't done a clutch job in twenty or so years, but all the
parts  we're talking about are older than that now.

Bob Hall