<VV> Parking Brake Cable question - too short ?

Frank Ness aircoolvair at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 09:55:22 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 9/16/10, Charles Lee <Chaz at ProperProper.com> wrote:

<snip>
I just never expected that they wouldn't be part of the cable, so I didn't look, and the phone clerk never even tried to sell them, which I think they should at least mention them ?

Charles,

I keep a supply of fasteners in my garage. So why would I want to pay for the nuts if I have them. When you run a business it's not just the price of the item. You said the nuts only cost $.18 each, what was your cost to go and get them? It cost $$ for the person to pull the parts, bag them and put them in with your order. That is why a part you have want from a salvage yard seems like it is over priced, well they had to pay someone to take it off and bring it to the counter.

As far as the gal giving you the wrong size for the nut... With all the work you have done on your cars, I find it a little hard to feel bad that you had to go back twice.

I do want to thank you for taking the time to post the pictures and diagrams. You are doing a nice job on it. The pictures are much clearer than in any of the manuals.

Good luck with the car.

Regards,
Frank