<VV> Parking Brake Cable New info

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Thu Sep 16 18:44:20 EDT 2010

A) I am just barely taking the slack out of the cross cable.

If I pull any harder, the brakes would be permanently engaged when I connect
the forward cable, at the longest adjustment possible, right ?

Plus I can't pull hard enough to even make contact !

Still trying though.

See new pix :
http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaParkBrakeInstallation.htm

B)  Re lack of rust : Now you see why I'm putting so much time and effort
into this car !  I'm from NY and would never find one like this back home !

There is SOME rust in the usual places, but not terrible.  Mostly the
windshield that has been badly resealed, so that is a future project.

Charlie

----- Original Message -----
From: <corvairduval at cox.net>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Parking Brake Cable New info

I looked at the pictures, and have a question. In the picture where your
hand is seen holding the new cable and the "rear" emergency brake cable at
the same time, are you actually pulling on the "rear" cable, or just taking
the slack out of it?

IIRC, you need to pull on the "rear" cable to get the "front" (new part)
cable to go through the hole in the bracket.

BTW, I am still amazed at the condition of the floor pan underneath in
these pitures. Where's the heavy crusted rust that we have here?

Frank DuVal