<VV> LM speedometer cable

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 17 11:12:26 EDT 2010

 I have to replace the speedo cable assy, but one of the screws holding the assy
to the backing plate has broken off. I think I have to remove the spindle assy
to drill it out. Not much room from the spring side to get  to it.  Is there a
way to get to the two screws from the inside when the brake shoes etc. are
removed? In other situations I was able to remove broken screws by slotting the
threaded end and working them out. Anybody tried this?

 Any other suggestions??MIKE KOVACS