<VV> LM speedometer cable

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 17 13:03:05 EDT 2010

Dave, You are right I think. I just took a look at one in my stash and the
screws are tapped directly into the spindle. I doubt they drilled/tapped all the
way through. Probably best just to remove the whole thing and put it on the work
bench. Not too hard, just an aggravation.
 MIKE KOVACS

From: Dave Keillor <dkeillor at tconcepts.com>
Mike,

The speedometer cable assy holes are tapped into the spindle casting, but don't
come through the backing plate.  I THINK they're tapped all the way through the
casting, but don't know for sure.  If that's true, you could remove the backing
plate to get at them from behind, but it might be just as easy to simply remove
the entire front brake assembly.  Either way it's a pain.

Dave Keillor