<VV> Hank's "Improved" over stock

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 17 15:03:33 EDT 2010

>Don't want to OWN one, don't want to DRIVE one, but I can appreciate it.

It'd beat driving a Pinto or walking 20 miles to town (and back) ...
<wink>

Note:  I'd drive it.  Two weeks ago, my mostly original 1960 turned over
65,000 miles for the first time, and I missed seeing it happen, driving
though some construction, but yesterday, to fuel it up, I saw 65,500,
and may take it to the coast with a bunch of Fiero drivers on Saturday.

Back to beating a Pinto -- about August of 1978, my brother bought a
brand new whatever F*** it was that replaced the Pinto, in Brooklyn, NY
-- drove it to LA, CA, where he went directly to the first Volvo dealer
he could find and traded in a brand new car with 3,000 miles on it for
one he could drive comfortably.  Little Brother is 6' 3", often 250#
plus, has picked me up by the ankles and shaken change from my pockets
(to pay for the Volvo, I presume).

Bill Strickland