<VV> Stock & Improved

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sat Sep 18 22:22:43 EDT 2010

I have to agree that the use of the word "Improved" in this context doesn't make much sense.

If, for example, I put big, sticky tires on the car, it will likely do better in an autocross and should be in an Improved autocross class.  In this case, however, the definition is about aesthetics and presentation.  Well, isn't the look of the big tires subjective?  Are they really better?  If I sawzall the fenders so the big tires fit, is it still Improved?  How about if I keep the same size tires, but put wide whites on a late?  Not stock anymore, but is it Improved?

Hopefully all of you can sleep at night after all that imagery :-)

What would be useful at this point is if the person who actually is in charge of the rules - the Concours Chair or some rep of the Committee - would post where these comments really belong.  At this point all anyone is doing is venting, or perhaps writing a little humor.

--Bryan