<VV> To Ping or Not to Ping ? - "Premium" vs. "regular" gas

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 20 17:19:12 EDT 2010

Bill,

Turn your radio down.  A 140 on 87?  In my opinion, you are kidding
yourself, unless you NEVER get into the secondaries.

We ARE in agreement on de-flashing the heads.

Final note - synthetic oil should be the oil of choice - though you did not
mention that.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
"Keep the Love Alive"

 Since then I have ceased the 91 or 92 octane fuel and settled on 87 with no
noticeable ping.