<VV> Car Show

Ray Davis scout1977 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 20 17:56:39 EDT 2010

Where any of you guys there?  This is from a car friend.

Karen & I attended the Hagley Car Show yesterday.  Hagley (now an interpretive museum) is where the DuPont Corp. began, with gunpowder works, and is located on the Brandywine River near Wilmington, Delaware.  This was the fifteenth annual car show (we've been to five or six) which is held on the lawn of the the mansion.  The feature this year was "Compact Cars."  Most of them were Corvairs (twelve to fifteen - no rampsides), quite a few Falcons, some Ramblers, a few Crosleys, a Met, and even a Chevette!  The show, which is always well attended, has two narrated "parades" before the public and the 1960 Corvair 4-dr sedan in the first parade was still in the hands of the original owner.

Ray Davis

P Think Green! Please do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.