<VV> Car Show

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 18:48:20 EDT 2010

I was there. Always a great show.

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Ray Davis
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:57 PM
To: Virtual Vairs; From only
Subject: <VV> Car Show

Where any of you guys there?  This is from a car friend.

Karen & I attended the Hagley Car Show yesterday.  Hagley (now an
interpretive museum) is where the DuPont Corp. began, with gunpowder works,
and is located on the Brandywine River near Wilmington, Delaware.  This was
the fifteenth annual car show (we've been to five or six) which is held on
the lawn of the the mansion.  The feature this year was "Compact Cars."
Most of them were Corvairs (twelve to fifteen - no rampsides), quite a few
Falcons, some Ramblers, a few Crosleys, a Met, and even a Chevette!  The
show, which is always well attended, has two narrated "parades" before the
public and the 1960 Corvair 4-dr sedan in the first parade was still in the
hands of the original owner.

Ray Davis

P Think Green! Please do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.

the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org