<VV> FAVORITE "SNAKE OILS" FOR OUR CORVAIRS

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Tue Sep 21 01:34:18 EDT 2010

"...What are some of the additives that are being used in our  favorite
cars?..."

Yes, ZDDP. Also, recently, as recommended by a local fuel
re-formulator/wholesaler (McMullen Oil, Clearwater, FL), RxP fuel additive.  McMullen adds
RxP to all BUT their 90-octane  "recreational" fuel. As my Spyder sits a lot
between use, it is  "fed" only non-ethanol infected gasoline. During the
summer months, in my part  of Florida, due to EPA regs, 90-octane is the max
available in non-ethanol  fuels. The Spyder requires at least 93-octane to
avoid pinging &  detonation. Upon Paul McMullen's recommendation, using RxP he
gave me, I've been  buying his 90-octane rec fuel and adding RxP... no ping
or knock, and  the Spyder never ran so responsively (and this is a car I've
had since  1973!). I also use, in my Vairs that are driven regularly and get
 ethanol-infected fuel, Marine Formula StaBil (for treating ethanol fuels).
 Since using Sta-bil, I no longer am having to clean out carb idle circuits
on a  regular basis.

Mike  Mauro