<VV> More additive stuff

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 21 01:45:05 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/20/2010 10:13:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

Never  heard of it and took a quick internet look.  Found that it was an
"engine cleaner".  I did not see "injector cleaner".  Any  adverse effect
on
45ish year old Rochester  carbs?

So Seth writes:

Couldn't hurt - Techron in a bottle is the "aftermarket" version of  the
older "Techroline".

Some Chevron history:

Attracting the "Big Three"

In 1970, after Chevron researchers developed a fuel additive known as
F-310®,  one of the Big Three automakers tested it against several other fuel
samples.  The engines running with Chevron's additive were so much cleaner,
that by early  1973, all three companies had switched to Chevron gasoline to
help them pass  EPA's tough emissions system durability test.
In fact, the additive performed so well that it exceeded the EPA’s 1995
deposit control requirements – 22 years before they even came into effect!
The Emergence of Techron

In 1980, the predecessor to Techron, PRC®, was introduced as the first
deposit-control additive manufactured specifically for unleaded fuels, and was
added to all of Chevron's unleaded gasolines. It was renamed Techroline in
1985.
By 1995, Chevron advanced the cleaning capability of Techroline
significantly, but hadn't publicly announced its 15 years of innovation. Chevron
paired the release of "Chevron Cars" – one of the most recognized advertising
campaigns in history – with the introduction of Chevron with Techron in  1995.
 More cleaner/additive stuff at:
_http://www.chevron.com/products/prodserv/additives/tcp.aspx_
(http://www.chevron.com/products/prodserv/additives/tcp.aspx)

I remember the early TV ads for F-310. It showed the serious researchers
standing in front of the "Chevron Research Center" - finally identified in
the  press as the Palm Springs County Court house, as I remember!
(oops!)

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair,  Camaro, Corvette

San Jose, CA