<VV> GM 1965 Maual Section 6 - carbs -

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Tue Sep 21 21:06:20 EDT 2010

OK, thanks, that's what Ida thunk, but if that's correct, then RIGHT does
seem to change to LEFT, as follows ?

First, disconnect the throttle rod on the FIRST carb, than set the idle
screw on the OTHER carb ?
Then disconnect the "OTHER" throttle rod set the idle screw on the FIRST
carb ?

www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/1967MonzaCarburetors.htm

Stepwise from manual :
(4) disconnect throttle rod on RIGHT carb
(5) set the idle screw on the LEFT carb
(6a) re-connect throttle rod on RIGHT carb
(6b) disconnect throttle rod on LEFT carb
(7) set the idle screw on the RIGHT carb

RIGHT - LEFT - RIGHT - LEFT - RIGHT ?

OK, if this is not an error, I guess it just seems counterintuitive ?

Thanks again,
Charlie