<VV> One side running hot, carb issue??

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 15:21:49 EDT 2010

Hi all. Recently installed some replacement heads due to a dropped valve
seat on number 5 exhaust. The replacement heads were very good originals,
low miles from a guess as they looked new. No machine work done to them. I
did install new valves, seals, etc.... The issue, one side seems to be
running hot. I put my laser/digital thermometer gun on the right side
exhaust (furthest back), where the tube meets the log and get a reading in
the 220 degree range at idle after about 20 min. Now, the left side. I get a
reading of about 420 on the most rear exhaust measured at the same spot. The
guage in my Corsa reads 275ish at idle..... I am having a bit of a
sputtering problem, which I believe to be a carb issue. I'm thinking I may
be running a bit lean on that side? I've got number 52 jets in the mains,
50's in the secondaries. Any thoughts or opinions?

--
Ronnie

66 Corsa vert, 140, 4speed.

Maine