<VV> Just wrong... Maybe not

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Sep 22 15:41:26 EDT 2010

I appreciate my good friend Lonzo clarifying my take.

Too many people just think I'm a rabble rouser.   They probably have never had to deal with the Board.

For those not aware, I was a co-founder of the Corvair Basics Book.  I also wrote some of the chapters in the book.  Bob Helt, Larry Claypool and Bob Marlow and I worked closely together with V V Members to write and edit this book.

But it was MY sorry duty to get the financing from the BoD for this project.  Total costs were going to be about 1500.00 for the first run of the book and CD.  As Ned put it so well,  I don't want to repeat unpleasant experiences.

Corvair Basics went into the black within 60 days of its release. If you have a copy you know it's got a lot of good stuff in it for newbies.

In 2002-2004 I was V V Chairman, before there was VV talk and this list was much more rowdy by comparison. During this period there were "Vendor Wars" which resulted in a Vendor being banned from VV, and other vendors restricted to one advertisement on VV per month.

I've run for the board once, and lost.  However,  a couple of directors kept me up on things back channel.  I won't say who, and I won't say about what, but one of the best things that happened to me as a CORSA member was NOT being elected to the Board.  Your personal mileage may vary, but that's what I feel, knowing what I know.

Lon Nailed it.   One of our Aussie Brothers tells VV about the VCCA conflict.  It's discussed, but not beaten to death.  BoD President is monitoring VV, and within 2 weeks, the conflict is resolved.   OTOH, the effort to cut through the bovine dung and get the club on solid financial ground has moved like....."a snail......crawling along the edge of a straight razor......THE HORROR!.....THE HORROR!"

I gave credit where it was due.  Because it's the right thing to do.

When it comes to the club for the car I've spent 23 years of my life involved with, I take things like the club going bankrupt due to an archaic policy involving dues very seriously.

I would suppose Guy B needs to read what I write without injecting his personal opinion of me into his mind before hand.   I think that it's called predjudice.

Hank