<VV> Displays/CORSA PR

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Sep 23 11:27:07 EDT 2010

Ocassionally, Mark and I manage to agree.

     A partial answer to CORSA's financial future is MORE MEMBERS---ones that ACTUALLY PAY DUES.

Public Relations can attract new members.  PR is Marketing, which is what I do for a living.  Attracting new members is just like advertising a product.  you have to pay if you want to sell.

An action plan by the Board to increase awareness of CORSA would be a worthwhile endeavor.  However, the club is broke, so how do you finance a program???   Seems to go around in a circle, no?

If funding is to be had, what are the projected returns in new dues paying members is the litmus test.

I can tell you that over the last 5 years my company has expanded it's marketing program to many more niches than it had previously.   Steele sponsors the Paint and Body forum on Layitlow.com, to keep a pulse on the lowrider hobby--we have increased advertising to the hot rodders, always a big part of our market, and also now sponsor shows like Lokar Car Show, My Classic Car and other Speed Channel programs.

But I still am amazed, as a Steele Customer since the mid 80's, and an employee for 5, that I get calls from a glass shop where the guy tells me "I've been in the business for 20 years and I never heard of you".   How had he not?  is completely over my head.

Things could probably be worked out by members with trailers to move displays around.  Moving that car last year proves VV can do it, and by reaching out to chapters, I think CPF could probably do the same.

Hank