<VV> Future plans, was: Hank, the Book, the Canopy, and the Director

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 23 11:15:00 EDT 2010

As my late garage mechanic used to say, you slobbered a bib-full there. The
question is, WHO is able to take up that gauntlet? Most of us in CORSA,
myself included, are not in such a position. But there ARE a handful who
are. Any takers?

One thing CORSA needs is a solid plan for public PR. H&M may manage the
main office, but they don't do PR. Heck, other than Pete's efforts, the
best PR we've received recently has been Hemmings, and whomever is
wispering in their ear, I hope they don't stop.

The CPF Museum displays that are being stored in Pete C's basement are a
good example of wasting an opportunity. ALL those artifacts should be
displayed in one or more museums around the country. Why aren't they? At
least 5999 is being put to good use, as is the Super Monza and other items.
The CPF displays are a great opportunity to spread the word. Just since the
Corvair display at the Corvette museum, I've had a number of people, in
passing, mention that display. So such efforts DO produce results. We need
to make more use of them. What's the board's action plan?

-Mark