<VV> The tent & PR

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Fri Sep 24 06:54:41 EDT 2010

This overall discussion makes it difficult to play nice, but i will try.

Would like to thank Jason, James and others for their positive statements --
and for constructive criticisms / suggestions.

The CORSA tent is already in Denver after being used in Iowa and Florida the
year before.
The accompanying magazine display rack is in Illinois. Neither have been
scattered aroung the west.
I have not seen the mag. rack up since it was used in Illinois back in 2000.

A banner being shipped has been mentioned amongst board members, but not
formally proposed.

As mentioned by Jason, the board is looking at long term goals to reduce
expenses, increase revenues (not dues) for the long term.
For 2010, the numbers currently look good. 2011 projected numbers are fair
to good. Projecting further out gets harder , and more worrisome. It is the
long term -- more than 1 year, that keeps the board on its collective toes.
So we are looking at fewer board members (more nimble, but fewer minds to
find solutions); re-looking (again for the nth time) at 100% membership vs
the insurance and benefit filing fee for nonCORSA members (per chapter or
per non member ); and other bigger cost reduction items -- Some day in the
future CORSA will need to rely more on volunteers like we did in the early
days (70s early 80s).

I still firmly believe CORSA will survive -- even with all this negative
banter on VV.

Oh,  a new membership chair is being sought. maybe two.  Needs to be
energetic, willing to work with multiple personalities <the general public
as well as the board>  Pay is terrible (no pay)  Contact president Jamie
Reinhart.

Think positive to get positive results.  <if you think you are losing, you
have already lost>

Have fun -- enjoy your Corvairs -- and the great people that are associated
with them.  I will be visiting the Route 66 festival here in Springfield
Illinois on "historic Rte 66"   the vehicle registration fee, on-site is $50
($35 plus $3 service fee pre-registered). so mostly the high dollar hot
rods. Is a free cruise tonight that has everybody in it -- 1,000 plus cars
of all makes and models -- except the high dollar ones.

tim mahler