<VV> [Corsabod] The tent & PR

Bob Dunahugh yenko108 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 23:52:18 EDT 2010

Bob M.  Not long before the 2010 convention that I chaired,  I was wondering what other clubs were doing to solve their similar problems. I called 7 or 8 clubs on my own. None really had a real answer but putting what they said and didn't say gave me some ideas that I could take to the board meeting. The unfortunate problem is that I couldn't spend any real time at the board meeting as I had a convention to run that day and week. Things haven't been good on the board for me since Frank Regal the new treasurer mouthed off to my wife and other club members after the banquet. Three board members dragged his ass out the front door and suggested that he apologizes.And I thank them for that. He still refuses to apologize. I think Frank will be a good treasurer, just keep him away from normal people with personality's. Stuff like this doesn't per mote team work. So because of this stuff with Frank, I really haven't been in a mod to talk and the board hasn't been in a mod to listen. It gets hard for the board to get things done with stupid distractions from within. and club members th roughing darts at them. Ducking takes time and is stressful. If you think the board is wrong on some issue then speak up, but in the same sentence give your suggestions.                                                                                                                        As fare as PR to the general public, that has lacked for as long as I can remember. No ones real fault, just happened. I got interested in museums do to the Corvette thing last year. I got Warren's Roe car and my Goodyear Yenko in the Chevy Hall of Fame Museum in Aug. I have another one of my Yenko's going in another museum in Nov. An article on 3 of my Yenko's  in a national magazine after the first of the year. I'm working on two other museums for 2011-2012. I find this fun as I don't do car shows well and it's something I can do with my Corvairs and Chevelles. And no, I'm not doing it for free storage as I have about 6000 sq. ft. of heated and air conditioned space of my own. Hauling cars around is not free, and it just leaves an empty space at home. I think someone to go to with PR ideas that is not  involved with the board would be good. I went to members of the Corsa and CPF boards about my doing some PR with what I was doing, it got complicated and was going to take months. ( Yes, I DO NOT watch snails well or for long ) I get things done. The meek don't inherit, they just don't understand why nothing is getting done. If getting things done is a crime then I'm guilty as hell. Anyway, the real crime here is that I have these displays and articles and there are NO Corsa or CPF signs up or mention for the public to see. When simple things get complicated it becomes not worth the trouble. I don't mean to have this as a slam to the board. I'm on it. The board needs all the support an ideas that can be rounded up. 4000 members putting in ideas is a lot better then 12 that are ducking from the darts. With team support, from members, and within, maybe the board can see the support that is out there and is being missed. I'll go back in my hole.   Bob Dunahugh   Central Division Director