<VV> Promoting the Corvair Hobby

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sat Sep 25 08:19:29 EDT 2010

It has been mentioned, CORSA may not be providing adequate "value" to it's
members. Value is possibly dollars in the wallet.
So how does an organization like AARP provide value to its members?
Discounts through various vendors.
So if a CORSA member could get a 10% discount on his car insurance by being
a member of CORSA, that he would not otherwise receive. Even better if it
was not only on collector policies, but on daily driver policies as well.
That would add value to his membership.
If he would get a 15% discount through a tire chain, or a vendor like Coker
tire, value added to membership. The possibilities are endless.
Now someone would have to arrange these discounts.
And it would take time and some logistics.
Just thought I would throw the idea out there.
Savings on other expenses by being a member would easily rationalize being a
member. Value added! Savings possible above and beyond the cost of
membership.

Locally. I am a member of a car club, The Time Travelers of WNY. My family
membership is $15 a year. As a member, I was able to join BJ's wholesale for
$16 a year instead of the $42 regular price. That alone covered my
membership.

I also have AAA, That card gets me 15% at NAPA, and usually saves me a
dollar or 2 on tickets to museums and other attractions.

Gary Swiatowy

From: "Bill Sowerby" <bsowerby at charter.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Promoting the Corvair Hobby

However, it is my opinion based on extensive business and car club
experience that renewed promotional efforts alone will not be sufficient to
save single make clubs like CORSA from a slow death, especially if the basic
PRODUCT is no longer providing adequate value to its members.   Examination
and reaffirmation of CORSA's value proposition and business model needs to
be a top priority as I mentioned in an earlier post today.

While CORSA was indeed a model organization for other clubs to emulate in
the past, its product may no longer be the relevant and compelling engine
needed to drive future success.  If your organizational motor is not running
on all cylinders, it is time for a rebuild ...

Bill