<VV> 1967 Chevelle AM/FM/Stereo Radio

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Sep 26 23:12:09 EDT 2010

A 67 Chevelle AM/FM radio looks a lot like a Corvair radio of the same
year. Does anyone know if the two radios are fit interchangeable?

Vintage Auto Radio (_http://www.vintageautoradio.com/index.php_
(http://www.vintageautoradio.com/index.php) )  makes a reproduction 67 Chevelle radio;
the front end looks exactly like  factory (including knobs & AM/FM slider);
but the portion rear of  the face and dials looks only to be but a couple of
inches. They advertise  (among other things) "...4 X 45 watts RMS
output...",  :...MP3, IPOD, CD or XM  (satellite) inputs included..."  See  the
specific radio of which I speak, here: _http://tw0.us/QSz_ (http://tw0.us/QSz)
.  I sent an email to  Vintage Audio Radio asking if the their 67 Chevelle
radio would fit a 67  Corvair, and received a bare reply stating they do not
make a radio to fit a  Corvair. I'm thinking, perhaps, they do not know if
their Chevelle radio will  fit (a late model Corvair), and don't care to take
the time required  to determine the adaptability. So, again, does anyone
know if a 67 Chevelle  radio is an exact or close fit into a 67 Corvair?

Thanks,
Mike Mauro