<VV> CPF displays

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sun Sep 26 23:30:23 EDT 2010

For anyone who might not know, John Fitch's last Corvair Sprint is now on
display at the Saratoga Auto Museum in Saratoga Springs, NY.  I stopped to
see it last Wednesday on my way to Vermont and it is upstairs with a lot of
race cars.  John's Phoenix Corvair will go there also when he is done
driving it.  Again it was Pete Koehler who delivered the car to Saratoga
after taking it to John's house for a reunion and then all the way to Iowa
for the convention.  Pete has saved CPF a ton of money by only charging gas
expenses and an occasional motel stay for all his travels.  All of CPF's
cars are now in museums and the experimental engines are back at Pete
Cimbala's place until we find a place to display them.  Keep in mind all the
CPF board and staff are unpaid volunteers and we all have our own lives to
live and hobbies to pursue.
Clark Hartzel