<VV> 2nd time... Clark's "This Old Vair" videos

Karl Haakonsen cityhawk at pobox.com
Tue Sep 28 20:50:18 EDT 2010

  Just in case my previous question about the Clark's "This Old Vair"
videos got lost in all the emails about saving CORSA, I thought I'd ask
again in the off chance that my previous question was just missed. It's
possible that nobody knew the answer too, but ever the optimist, I
thought I'd ask again.

Has anybody seen these videos and can anyone attest to the usefulness of
the 2nd of the two videos' (the one showing a powertrain removal)
usefulness wrt to a LM Corvair? The catalog states that the video is of
an EM (1964) Corvair, but that the content is "approximately 70 percent"
relevant to removal of a LM powertrain.

I have the shop manuals and "How to Keep Your Corvair Alive" both of
which give instructions for removal of the powertrain, though neither
offers pictures showing what they are talking about in the steps, which
would be helpful; thus, I thought the video might be helpful, especially
since the instructions about disconnecting the axles and strut rods is
actually pretty clear at least in the Finch book.

Thanks!
Karl in Boston