<VV> Stuck Bolt

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Sep 28 23:55:32 EDT 2010

On my troublesome '62 wagon, the left front wheel camber adjusting bolts
aren't co-operating very much.  Both of the nuts loosened OK and the front
bolt loosened and turns easily.  The rear bolt, however, appears to be
rusted in.  It is difficult to access and so far I've broken two 3/8" U
joints, one a Snap On, and a 6" 3/8" extension trying to get it loose with
no luck at all.  You can't drill it out because you can't get a straight
shot at it and a socket with a U joint seems to be the only way to reach it.
Removing the upper control arm would be nice but step two in the manual is
to remove these two bolts.  Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how
was it solved?
RonH

 If you have compressed air.. use an air hammer with a blunt end and punch it out...

You don't have to have a straight access to do it.  It may take a minute of hammering before it pops out.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/