<VV> Speed on Public Highways

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 20:18:31 EDT 2011

A few years ago, I leased a Mazda RX7 (called a "Rotary Rocket" or "Rice Rocket" by my kids), and was presented with a front license plate for it which showed an Indy type race car and the statement, "I Feel the Need for Speed", by them. I did in fact receive several invitations by the local constabulary to visit a judge to explain why I was exceeding the posted speed while I had it. But my fastest land-speed ever was achieved during the early morning hours on I-275 outside Tampa when I pegged the needle at 140 mph. But there were no lights in sight anywhere, especially no red or blue ones. Doubt I'd have the gonads to try that today, not even in my resto-modded Monza when it's finished - but ya' never know.