<VV> Speed on Public Highways

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Apr 1 20:31:19 EDT 2011

Smitty can appreciate the distance in this story

One cold winter morning, ( A Sunday @0520) after working all night in the
Norfolk City Jail, I jumped into my 140 PG 65 monza (1/2 tank premium, 1/2
tank 110LL Avgas) and STOMPED on it. By the time I got to the short bridge
on I-264 the needle was approaching 100.  Nobody on the road.

However, The Trooper told me I "SUCKED THE STICKERS" off the side of his car
when I went by him.  He admitted he was dozing on the side of the road when
I went past.

Luckily for me, I had rolled multiple sets of fingerprints for all of the
troopers, and I got away with a "never F'n do this again" from him.  I have
driven from Norfolk to Petersburg (90 miles) in 60 minutes in a police
car---but ONLY once.

Hank