<VV> Speed on Public Highways

William Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Sat Apr 2 09:01:55 EDT 2011

Now where would be the fun in giving you all the facts? <G>

OK, I left home (827 W. Forest Ave. Muskegon, MI 49441) somewhere after 7:45
am (when I awoke in a panic), drove to Ann Arbor and parked my car on a side
street south of East Quad, where I lived (I don't remember for sure where,
but if you want an address say 825 East University, Ann Arbor, MI 48104),
ran up to the bike rack at East Quad and biked to the chem building making
it to the exam room at about 10:01 or something like that.  G

I would have driven I-96 from Muskegon to Brighton area and then taken US-23
to Ann Arbor.  Google Maps pegs this route at about 172 miles.

Back then the speed limit was 70mph on both roads - I absolutely know that I
was driving about 90 mph the entire trip.  I do not remember much more about
the trip except that I was in an absolute panic about missing the exam and
was much more afraid of my professor than the police, who were apparently
doing other things as they were blissfully absent that day.  I was more
concerned about throwing a fan belt or overheating the engine, but neither
happened.

I always thought I must have gone through a time warp, wormhole, or
something because to this day I still don't know how I did it, but it is a
true story.

The most unbelievable part of this story is that I was able to find a
parking space in Ann Arbor!!!

Bill Hubbell