<VV> a plethora of dumb questions (distributor)

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 18:06:53 EDT 2011

I'm not getting full advance out of the vacuum can until nearly 19" Hg.
Isn't there a trick for adjusting it a bit?

Also FYI all, I determined that the distributors on both of my 140's are not
originals.  The distributor on my parts 140 is original and correct so I am
installing that one and using it.  I just finished marking the Harmonic
Balancer so that I can check the timing at various RPM according to the
chart provided.  I have a Dwell meter that also has a hi/lo tach mode, I'll
use that to set the RPM for the tests.  The reason I concluded the
distributors on BOTH my running 140's are not original is that not only the
numbers aren't there, but the casting is different from the original marked
one I have.  The two non-originals have a protrusion on the bottom that
sometimes makes it a real pain to loosen/tighten the distributor hold-down.
The original 140 dist. I have does not have this, it is flat on the bottom
of the bowl.

Thanks all!

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA