<VV> Speed on Public Highways

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Apr 3 09:33:03 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

Related to this - yesterday I took the Miata to an autocross (sorry, no a Corvair) and noted one of the competitors taping over his license plate.  "Why?", I asked.

"Because people will come and take pictures at an event and sell them to insurance companies, who then deny a claim based on your use of the car."

He went on to tell me there had been someone taking photos at an event that was somewhat suspicious - not a participant, not there with a competitor, no business card, not even willing to give a name.  He later asked a friend who is an adjuster and got confirmation that at least one company buys photos.

--Bryan