<VV> Speed on Public Highways

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Sun Apr 3 10:35:36 EDT 2011

I doubt that you'd have to cover your Corvair's tag. Another reason you should have autocrossed your Corvair.

I have a very good Insurance agent, IMO. I've talked to him about autocrossing my car. They didn't deny my claim on my autocross car when I hit a deer. I suppose there's something you could do to a car at an autocross that would require an insurance claim, but I can't think of what it could be. Unless the course was set up poorly.

If your car was damaged during an autocross and you make a claim, then you are committing a crime. If your insurance company denies a claim, made due to normal driving on a public street, you need a different insurance company.

I still don't understand how the insurance company can deny a claim based on something that happened away from an event just because you autocross. Everyone at our SCCA events have to sign a waver or leave, so the mystery photographer would be escorted off the property

Bryan, I'm not attacking you, but I'm not buying the other guy's story. The BS flag is at full staff.

Ned