<VV> Dangers of Re: Speed on Public Highways - Now Seatbelts

Lon Anderson lonzovair at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 00:26:18 EDT 2011

JR,
Note that Carl said the law was for *wearing* the seatbelts...
In KY the law states that if the vehicle was made before model year 1982, you are not required to wear the seatbelts. I keep a copy of that KRS in the glovebox of the Corvairs, not because I don't wear the belt, but because there's no shoulder belts in them. That way, if someone tries to give me a ticket, I can inform them of their error.... I've had a cop stop in front of me at a light, get on his PA systen and say "Sir, in the car behind me, please wear your seatbelt." to which I pointed to my lap belt with both hands... I was trying to tell him I had it on, but he got out of his car and came back to my car with an attitude... he asked me what I was trying to tell him, and I said "I was pointing to my lap belt. Shoulder belts weren't available in 1964, and seatbelts were optional."... his response was "Oh... have a nice day... nice car, by the way."... I thanked him, and laughed all the way home.
;-)
Later,
Lonzo