<VV> Dangers of Re: Speed on Public Highways

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 11:11:16 EDT 2011

Us Americans can be pretty dumb when it comes to personal safety. The Government mandated seatbelts in cars in the late 60s. We didn't take the hint though and then the Government started mandating wearing seat belts in the late 80s, except in NH (FWIW their state motto is "Live Free or Die"). And people complain about having too much Governmental control over their lives (getting close to VV-Talk stuff).

Now if you can explain why I'm required to wear a seat belt in a car but don't have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle, I'd love to hear it.

Ned