<VV> Live Free or Die

Tom Berg thesuperscribe at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 09:37:58 EDT 2011

People injured in accidents while failing to wear belts or helmets should pay
their own medical bills, directly or through insurance. Some exercise their
"freedom" to not buy insurance, and in most cases we, the insured, pick up their
bills. That's one good reason for mandatory belt and helmet laws. The other, of
course, is to reduce injuries and deaths.

Corvair content: Our '64 Monza convertible came with front lap belts, and I
installed them in the rear so we could haul people a little more safely. I've
not anguished over installing lap-and-shoulder belts, though. We don't use the
car often enough to make 'em worthwhile.

--Tom in Ohio