<VV> How Low (mileage) can you go?

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Wed Apr 6 12:24:23 EDT 2011

There have been many stories about 1969 Corvairs that were
put away when new and "saved" because their owners thought
the cars would be worth Big Money some day. Last of the
breed and all of that...

How about low mileage early model Corvairs? I know of a
1964 convertible at the Crawford Museum (Case Western
Reserve Campus) in Cleveland, Ohio with only a little over
2,000 original miles on the odometer. My horizon blue 1960
700 sedan has around 18k (open up the CORSA website to see
this car "unfold" for you). The 1963 Zabriskie Monza just
turned 16,800 miles. I know of a silver 1960 sedan in the
Detroit area with just a tad over 3k on the clock. And
just this morning a friend called in to tell me about a
1960 coupe that has been resting in garage not far from
the Corvair Ranch with somewhere around 6,500 miles of use
registered. This coupe is said to have the original bias
ply tires still on it, so I doubt that the true mileage is
106,500.

Anybody else out there have a better story? Low mileage
doesn't necessarily mean more value. Condition should
dictate that, but you can't argue with a low mileage
starting platform for your next Corvair project. Right? -
Caveman Pete