<VV> [fastvair] Raced this weekend at VIR 08-10 April 2011 [1 Attachment]

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Apr 10 22:52:25 EDT 2011

My little brother was there taking pictures. I'll ask him if he saw you
(and that cool shirt!).

Ned

In a message dated 4/10/2011 9:04:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
chsadek at comcast.net writes:

[_Attachment(s)_ (mip://09b21e60/default.html#TopText)   from BBRT included
below]

Below my comments is a forwarding msg. about the  pictures.

Hi Y'all,

I took YS 073, D Production, to the VDCA race  event at Virginia
International Raceway this past Fri-Sun. Arrived on Thurs  early afternoon, registered
and after finding a spot for the trailer,  off-loaded car and took the car
thru tech.  They checked safety  stuff; fuel cell, dual springs on carb
linkage, metal battery hold down and  positive terminal covered (even though
within a battery box on pass. floor),  helmet, belts, emergency power cut-off
switch.

140 cars. Many different classes were combined.  Together, we had Groups 3,
8, 6 in ascending order of performance. Normally  I am classed in Group 3
but this time it was Grp 8 along with a MGB-GT V8  and a 914-6, for example.
Grp 6 is typically Trans-Am type of cars. Issues  included  a bad battery  -
another story - and minor and major oil  leaks. The major oil leak was due
to blow-by - I suspect ring(s) pooching out  (tech term!) a valve cover
gasket. I am getting on a first-name basis with the  wrecker drivers... LOL!

By this morning, car was running without much  power. I chose not to stay
around and thrash it and make it worse, but load up  and leave after lunch.

A Paddock neighbor spun his Mercedes 250 SL right  after Oak Tree corner,
and despite a waving yellow, someone came around and it  is a blind corner
for a moment, and T-boned the 250 in the Passenger door and  RF fender.
Wrecker driver was good to get that thing far enough in the trailer  that we could
man-handle it on in. A friend's Volvo disintegrated a header  tube about 4
in. out from the head, a goodly number of cars didn't stay, many  due to
mechanical and a few due to crashes.

We shared the track with the BMW club. They  called a BMW race in the rain
at 5 PM Sat due to  thunder & lightning - worried about corner workers.

The one pic is of Ned Madsen's T-shirt; received  some positive comments...

Chuck S
YS 73
BBRT

Hi. Good talking with you today. Love that you race Corvairs! I've
attached a Zip file with four snaps of you, the car and two with the car
at speed on the track.

Cheers.

Attachment(s) from  BBRT
1 of 1 File(s)

_Archive.zip_
(http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/107546/946108671/name/Archive.zip)

__._,_.___

This  list is for racing/modifying our Corvairs,and to buy/sell parts.
membership(digest,unsubscribe)
Post message: fastvair at yahoogroups.com

Your  email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
_Change  settings via the Web_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fastvair/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJlY3NqMXJyBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzEwNzU0NgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDYxMzE
5MDgEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDc3RuZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTMwMjQ4NzQ1NQ--)  (Yahoo! ID
required)
Change settings via email:  _Switch  delivery to Daily Digest_
(mailto:fastvair-digest at yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest)  | _Switch  to
Fully Featured_ (mailto:fastvair-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com?subject=Change
Delivery Format: Fully Featured)
_Visit  Your Group _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fastvair;_ylc=X3oDMTJjYTc4MDlpBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzEwNzU0NgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDYxMzE5MDgEc2VjA2Z0cg
RzbGsDaHBmBHN0aW1lAzEzMDI0ODc0NTU-) | _Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use _
(http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/) | _Unsubscribe  _