<VV> CAM monkey business.

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Apr 11 07:20:13 EDT 2011

i have a LOT of  the books , and know what is supposed to  be...but this
motor is the guts of a 140 pg with low miles put in a truck NOS  case (well
universal) correctly setup. it is .060 over pistons etc , carbs  rebuilt and
52 jets , (running a touch rich on tailpipes) allison ignition and  recurved
distrib that worked well on a previous 110hp.it feels like it is  working
hard at the highway speeds. tires are 205 R75 14 at the  moment.differential
is 3:55 i have run it about 4000 miles so far , no oil  problems or
compression issues. 2 sets of carbs , tried a different distributor  , no changes. it
has 140 exhaust manifolds and duals.
a 110 hp powerglide   ( 891 cam) i just did everything to last  year is a
heck of a lot snappier. in fact , i used his carbs and  distributor  (which i
rebuilt!) on mine to check it out.
i am NOT having fun with my own vehicles yet!
next step is the new motor with all new stuff...110hp  327  differential ,
down one size with tires.
what i am looking for is someone that has really used a 9891 cam with a
know , checked , 140PG crankshaft. i know it is SUPPOSED to be a 9889.
i have put several motors together very successfully in the last 5 years
,but  a couple of my own have bit me lately. always seems to be a cam  issue?
thanks,  Tim Colson    aging to fast to keep this pace  up!