<VV> oil question

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Apr 14 13:35:13 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/14/2011 1:16:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

There  are only a couple of Mobil 1 oils having sufficient ZDP levels for
our
flat tappet engines.  10W30 is NOT one of them.

Later,  JR

I'm comfortable using the Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W-30 SL oil--the
phosphorus level is 900 and the zinc compounds are 1000.  But I bought  several
changes worth at Walmart and Advance Auto because it was reported here  on VV
that the high mileage oil was being phased out.  I'll cross this flat  tappet
oil bridge again when I run out of what I've got.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA