<VV> Fuel mileage

dennis dorogi dfamily at fairpoint.net
Sun Apr 17 10:12:56 EDT 2011

Forget the Prius etc.  My son bought a used 2003 Jetta TDI wagon with
350,000 miles on it for $5000.  I recently received this email from him
about his "record" tank.  " Filled up tonight, managed to (barely) get the
magical 1000 miles on a tank,  worked out to 59.8 mpg.  It took 16.743
gallons to fill, so I probably had a quart left."

   Pretty good for an older used car.  He drives 60 highway miles to work
each day.

Dennis D.