<VV> 13" tires - Whitewalls

John Howell 32chevy at 0306.org
Sun Apr 17 12:38:07 EDT 2011

        Back in the time when Corvairs were new whitewalls were
considered to dress up a car. They were an extra cost
option, very few people didn`t want whitewalls, couldn`t afford them or
were just too cheap to buy them.  I guess
younger people  have different taste but I still like whitewalls, I
think they dress up older cars and if you look
at the sales brochures you will see that the stripped down cheaper
models have blackwalls while the  upscale more
expensive models have whitewalls.  I would think that most people that
were driving and buying cars at the time the
Corvair was new would agree that whitewalls dress up a car but it may be
a matter of taste.

        John Howell  (71)
Driving Corvairs since 1962