<VV> Mount costs

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 16:52:50 EDT 2011

BTW, if you check, Steele Rubber Products, which is not only my employer
ut the only company that rebuilds Corvair Engine and Transmission
ounts, has a list price on rebuilds of customer originals that is less
han some Corvair Vendors are currently charging.

Gotta love it! Thanks for supporting our vendors (and your employer's customers).
The fact that the Corvair vendor actually stocks the mount might justify the part's additional cost. I checked just one vendor and didn't find any mounts that were more expensive than Steele's direct price, in fact they were cheaper. Steele's price for a 65 rear mount is $144, 66-69 rear motor mount is $157.70 and a 3 week time to get your's rebuilt. A well know Corvair vendor gets $131.45 for the 65 and $148.25 for the 66-69 (after core fees). Similar pricing on the other mounts I checked. The only one I found Steele cheaper on was the FC ($9.80 versus $13.35). So yes check the prices....

Ned