<VV> start solenoid

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Tue Apr 19 20:28:38 EDT 2011

There are a couple of things I've seen over the years that give the symptoms
you saw.  The most common is a low battery.  It has enough voltage to
engage, but not enough to turn the motor over.  The friction between the
starter drive teeth and the flywheel is so much the spring can't push the
plunger back.  The other is leaving out the spring.

Make sure you battery is fully charged, and the cables are clean and tight.

dp